Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Drag & Drop issue/query: OS Monterey feature

Hey,

I can't believe I'm having to ask what I imagine requires an incredibly simple answer.

The issue is that I cannot get drag and drop to work the way I'm familiar with. Whether it's dropping files into Airdrop, or dropping audio files into a music DAW, I am constantly thwarted by this new function in Monterey that opens up this sort of preview window that prevents me from dragging the file...so what I need help with is disabling this feature (I think).

What I need to know is just what is this feature called so I can disable it? I've looked in trackpad and finder settings and googled it but nothing helpful coming up.

I've taken a screenvid in Quicktime and uploaded it because seeing it visually will probably be most helpful.

Looking forward to any advice because it's driving me round the bend...taking me literally almost a minute to drag a file and even when I've managed it I'm not quite sure what I did differently that made it work.

Thanks a lot.

Gordon

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 9:24 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 17, 2022 12:17 PM in response to gkmach1ne

I have been irritated by the same problem since setting up my MBpro in April. And I finally did some online searching and found the same effective solution. I think the box was checked by default but that "feature" certainly interferes with Drag-and-Drop!

Somewhat associated issue - I have noticed that intermittently the trackpad is non-responsive, but have been able to investigate and diagnose the reason or solution.

Drag & Drop issue/query: OS Monterey feature

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.