Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I get a disk recovery disk for my macbook pro

Where can I get a disk recovery disk for my MacBook pro... I've misplaced.. I've had my MacBook Pro since 2013

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 9:57 AM

What OS are you running?

Any recent OS (in the last 6? 7?) years automatically installs a recovery partition on your drive that you can use to emergency boot and re-install your system. You don't need a separate disk.

If you still feel you need one, head to How to download macOS - Apple Support where you can download either OS images, or tools to create a boot volume on a USB drive.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2022 9:57 AM in response to Raeneag

What OS are you running?

Any recent OS (in the last 6? 7?) years automatically installs a recovery partition on your drive that you can use to emergency boot and re-install your system. You don't need a separate disk.

If you still feel you need one, head to How to download macOS - Apple Support where you can download either OS images, or tools to create a boot volume on a USB drive.

Oct 13, 2022 6:23 PM in response to Raeneag

A recovery disk is really useful

So useful, that every Mac since about 2011 includes one.

It's inside. In fact, there are TWO. For ordinary issue, hold Command-R at startup, and the Recovery partition that Apple installed on your hard drive will be invoked.

For tougher problems, hold Command-Option-R to invoke Internet recovery.. A ROM system will draw a picture of a spinning globe, and over the next quarter hour will download the full suite of Utilities over the Internet. Internet recovery uses more than 25 RAM disks to hold its work files. This leaves your internal drive COMPLETELY free to be erased or repaired.

Use macOS Recovery on an Intel-based Mac - Apple Support

Where can I get a disk recovery disk for my macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.