Any fix for Xfinity Stream not working on Safari 16 and MacOS 12.6?

After upgrading my MacBook Air M1 Xfinity Stream stopped working. It never presents the login screen. This is also the behavior on my iPad.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2022 5:25 AM

I have isolated it to the following (having exhausted all browsers, settings, cables +). It works perfectly on my new macbook air m2, BUT when I add an extended monitor, that's when audio only, no video is experienced. I'm using the J5 Create docking station with HDMI ports.

43 replies

Jan 30, 2024 10:21 PM in response to bzakowski

MacOS 12.0 and above has a glitch in the way it caches websites. This is due to the newish "Continuity" features built into MacOS. The OS sees your other AirPlay devices (for example, iPad) and considers them as a second display or secondary audio output. With many streaming sites, multi-display, and multiple sound outputs are not allowed. So in the instance of Xfinity/Stream.com the site can't determine if there is a second display connected or not. Easiest fix that won't change your system settings or workflow is to delete the website data connected to Xfinity prior to trying to 'Watch TV Online' with a web browser. Deleting this data will force the site to reload and ask you to login again. Log-in and it should stream fine. (Until you connect to a second display or AirPlay device again.) A more permanent fix, If you don't use the continuity stuff, is to turn those options off in Settings>Displays>Advanced>Link to Mac or iPad.

I suspect the "automatically reconnect to any nearby Mac or iPad" setting is the cause of this issue.

Oct 14, 2022 3:24 PM in response to bzakowski

Hello bzakowski,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

"If an app on your iPhone or iPad doesn't work as expected, try this.

1.Close and reopen the app

Force the app to close. Then open the app to see if it works as expected.

2.Restart your device

Restart your iPhone or restart your iPad. Then open the app to see if it works as expected.

3.Check for updates

To see if updates are available for the app, open the App Store, tap your profile icon, then scroll down to see if updates are available. If updates aren't available for the app, update the software on your iPhone or iPad.

4.Delete the app, then redownload it

Delete the app. When you do this, you might lose data that was stored in the app. Then redownload the app. Then check to see if the problem with the app is fixed.

More details can be found here: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

If the issue persists, can you provide a few more details? What is your exact iPadOS version?

Cheers!

Nov 12, 2022 10:54 AM in response to lwandrei

I tried again yesterday and this worked. On Safari, I went to Xfinity.com, to the home page. On the top bar, next to the cart there is a button with a user face, after pressing it, it shows a menu of items. At the bottom there is a choice of "Watch TV Online." After selecting that, the stream activated. You can log in to your account there.

May 29, 2023 9:48 AM in response to bzakowski

I was having similar issues logging in to the Xfinity site as well as using Xfinity apps such as Xfinity and Xfinity Stream. Also, apps such as Max that authenticate using my Xfinity provider login would simply hang at the oauth step. Tried everything and then finally rebooted my Cable modem and now I can login to my Xfinity apps and the website.

Apr 19, 2024 7:56 AM in response to KLKROH

How do you "delete the website data connected to Xfinity prior to trying to "Watch TV Online???" I cannot watch it on my mac desktop on Safari, Firefox or Chrome. None of them work and nothing works. This is not an app. This is just watching online which I was once able to do. Then inexplicably it stopped working no matter what browser I used. Apple blames Xfinity. Xfinity blames Apple. If it doesn't work and it's not going to work, just tell people.

Any fix for Xfinity Stream not working on Safari 16 and MacOS 12.6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.