Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove empty shortcuts from Apple Watch?

If you create a shortcut that’s empty in iOS (click OK without changing anything) and delete it from iCloud, you’ll be left with the empty shortcut remaining on your watch.

Can this be corrected without a software update? I now have multiple empty shortcuts on my watch that cannot be removed, as they do not exist in the shortcut app.

Apple Watch Ultra, watchOS 9

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 9:26 AM

Hello jaron007,

In the Shortcuts app on your iPhone let's tap on the Shortcuts option in the upper left, and then tap on the Apple Watch entry. From there, let's see if those particular shortcuts show up in that menu, and if they can be deleted from there.

Should you still be unable to remove those shortcuts from your Apple Watch, does that persist after restarting both your Apple Watch and iPhone? Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

1. If your Apple Watch is charging, take it off the charger.
2. Press and hold the side button until you see the power button in the upper-right corner of the display.
3. Tap the power button.
4. Drag the Power Off slider.
5. After your watch turns off, press and hold the side button again until you see the Apple logo.

Let us know, and we'll keep moving forward from there based on your results.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2022 9:26 AM in response to jaron007

Hello jaron007,

In the Shortcuts app on your iPhone let's tap on the Shortcuts option in the upper left, and then tap on the Apple Watch entry. From there, let's see if those particular shortcuts show up in that menu, and if they can be deleted from there.

Should you still be unable to remove those shortcuts from your Apple Watch, does that persist after restarting both your Apple Watch and iPhone? Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

1. If your Apple Watch is charging, take it off the charger.
2. Press and hold the side button until you see the power button in the upper-right corner of the display.
3. Tap the power button.
4. Drag the Power Off slider.
5. After your watch turns off, press and hold the side button again until you see the Apple logo.

Let us know, and we'll keep moving forward from there based on your results.

How do I remove empty shortcuts from Apple Watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.