Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ethernet connection

Hi all,

May need help, I always used my Mac on Wi-Fi, wanted to try on ethernet, thing is that on pc internet is connected, can see in setting - network - welkin USB-C connected but no internet what so ever on the Mac, wi-fi no problem. Mac OS Monterey 12.6, tried two different ethernet cable, same thing, PS4 and TV work with the cable as well. Is there any setting that may block internet to work properly or it may be as simple that my adaptor is broken, which I will check in apple store later on today.

Regards.

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 1:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 8:09 AM

The adapter may be broke. Make sure it is connected to the computer, and the ethernet cable is properly snapped into

place, and then go to Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Network, and hit the plus sign circled in red below:

to see if a new port becomes available to add. It may say ethernet over thunderbolt or USB-C.

If it doesn't your USB-C adapter may need power directly from the computer's own power cord as a pass through on its USB-C port.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2022 8:09 AM in response to fourky01

The adapter may be broke. Make sure it is connected to the computer, and the ethernet cable is properly snapped into

place, and then go to Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Network, and hit the plus sign circled in red below:

to see if a new port becomes available to add. It may say ethernet over thunderbolt or USB-C.

If it doesn't your USB-C adapter may need power directly from the computer's own power cord as a pass through on its USB-C port.

ethernet connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.