Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music won’t turn off

My tv has a sound bar and now two paired HomePods- after using the appletv music app, the home pods don’t sync up with other apps for movies or news etc. (The sound bar is not wireless) I seem to have to sleep the tv and Apple TV to get the sound to work right or else use only the music app or never the music app- I have chosen not to use the apple tv music app because I can use the home pod with almost all other apps. It would bec nice to use the Apple TV music app like any other but it won’t turn off- I can pause the doubt but the app still shows in the side par of the remote when I try to switch to a network app- let us have the option of turning off the music app!

HomePod mini, 16

Posted on Oct 22, 2022 5:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 8:27 AM

Hello eggoverlight,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We recommend that you use the steps in the following resource to force the Music app to quit and see if the issue persists: Switch quickly between Apple TV apps - Apple Support

Let us know the results. Be sure to include any other steps that you may have tried.

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2022 8:27 AM in response to eggoverlight

Hello eggoverlight,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We recommend that you use the steps in the following resource to force the Music app to quit and see if the issue persists: Switch quickly between Apple TV apps - Apple Support

Let us know the results. Be sure to include any other steps that you may have tried.

Cheers!

Apple Music won’t turn off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.