Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Riscaldamento

Ho un mac mini late 2012 core i7 2,6 quad + 16 gb ram

Se uso programmi di encoding video: Handbrake, iMovie, Filmora, Avidemux ecc la temperatura arriva subito a 100 - 105 C. è normale???

Usando MFC e mettendo ventola al massimo la temperatura scende a 95/98 C

Grazie a tutti

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 3:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 11:16 AM

Hello r0b1r1z56,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. 

Are you using any of these apps at the same time? Do you get a temperature warning alert?

Please make sure that you’re using the latest macOS by updating your software using the steps as listed here: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Before installing new software, it's a good idea to back up your Mac.

1. From the Apple menu  in the corner of your screen:
    • Choose System Settings. Then click General in the sidebar, and Software Update on the right.
    • Or choose System Preferences. Then click Software Update.If Software Update finds new software, click the Update Now or Upgrade Now button to install it.
  • If Software Update finds new software, click the Update Now or Upgrade Now button to install it.
  1. Enter your administrator password, if asked. During installation, your Mac might restart, and you might see a progress bar or blank screen several times.

If Software Update says that your Mac is up to date, then no new software is currently available for your Mac model. Software Update shows only updates and upgrades that are compatible with your Mac.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2022 11:16 AM in response to r0b1r1z56

Hello r0b1r1z56,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. 

Are you using any of these apps at the same time? Do you get a temperature warning alert?

Please make sure that you’re using the latest macOS by updating your software using the steps as listed here: Update macOS on Mac - Apple Support

Before installing new software, it's a good idea to back up your Mac.

1. From the Apple menu  in the corner of your screen:
    • Choose System Settings. Then click General in the sidebar, and Software Update on the right.
    • Or choose System Preferences. Then click Software Update.If Software Update finds new software, click the Update Now or Upgrade Now button to install it.
  • If Software Update finds new software, click the Update Now or Upgrade Now button to install it.
  1. Enter your administrator password, if asked. During installation, your Mac might restart, and you might see a progress bar or blank screen several times.

If Software Update says that your Mac is up to date, then no new software is currently available for your Mac model. Software Update shows only updates and upgrades that are compatible with your Mac.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

Oct 27, 2022 11:05 AM in response to r0b1r1z56

We appreciate you clarifying this for us, r0b1r1z56,

Here's a handy resource which will show you how to keep your Mac within acceptable operating temperatures as well as what you can do if you continue to experience this behavior: Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

Tips to manage the operating temperature:
• Make sure that you’ve installed all Mac software updates.
• Use your Mac notebook where the ambient temperature is between 50° and 95° F (10° and 35° C). Don’t leave your Mac notebook in your car, because temperatures in parked cars can exceed this range. You should also use your Mac notebook where the relative humidity is between 0% and 95% (noncondensing).
• Use your Mac notebook on a stable work surface that allows for good ventilation. Don’t use your Mac notebook in your bed, on a pillow, or under bedding.
• Don’t put anything over the keyboard. 
• If your Mac notebook has ventilation openings, don't put anything into them. 
Use only Apple-authorized power adapters.

We hope this helps.

Take care!

Oct 27, 2022 2:31 AM in response to green500

I bought the mac on ebay with Catalina installed, then updated to Bigsur. I had the problem immediately but I hadn't noticed it. I also phoned the assistance and they told me that the problem could be having inserted a second SSD. I checked the thermal paste and it is fresh. Of course I use one program at a time and if I keep the fan at maximum I get close to 100 but I don't exceed them. Mystery. Thank you

Riscaldamento

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.