Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my phone and my daughters iPad have the same Apple ID. My daughter wants to iMessage with her friends. Is there a way she can do this without changing the Apple ID on her ipad? can you just change an apple id for messaging only?

My daughter uses the same Apple ID as me. She wants to iMessage with her friends. When iMessage is turned on on the iPad she receives all the text messages from my phone. I do not want to change the Apple ID for the devise. She has many games and other apps that can be messed up if we do so. Can you just change an Apple ID on messaging? Can I create a new Apple ID just in iMessage for her on the iPad without messing up any of her stuff on her iPad?

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 8:27 AM

You can create a new Apple ID and use it only for Messages/FaceTime. It shouldn't affect anything else on her iPad.

Apple ID - create a new.      *

Apple ID – Create   -

Apple ID - Could Not Create or Could Not Set Up iCloud message.   

1 reply

my phone and my daughters iPad have the same Apple ID. My daughter wants to iMessage with her friends. Is there a way she can do this without changing the Apple ID on her ipad? can you just change an apple id for messaging only?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.