Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone not working continuity camera - just upgraded os Ventura

Hello, I'm running ios 16 on iphone XR with continuity camera enabled. I just installed os Ventura and tested using my iphone as a webcam on FaceTime and it worked. I just tried it again now it won't show up and it won't show up on QuickTime, Zoom nor Microsoft Teams.

Is this a bug or is there something I'm overlooking?

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 24, 2022 9:10 PM

9 replies

Oct 24, 2022 11:01 PM in response to daleshin

Make sure you followed these steps exactly - Use your iPhone as a webcam on your Mac - Apple Support

If it still doesn't work, check the following:
1. Connect it to your Mac with a USB cable and check again. (If it’s already connected with a cable, disconnect it and reconnect it.)
2. Check the following:
- Your iPhone is an iPhone XR or later (with iOS 16 or later).
- Your iPhone has Continuity Camera Webcam turned on in Settings > General > AirPlay & Handoff.
- Your iPhone recognizes the Mac as a trusted computer. See the Apple Support article About the ‘Trust -This Computer’ alert on your iPhone or iPad.
- Your iPhone and Mac have Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and two-factor authentication turned on.
- Your iPhone and Mac are signed in with the same Apple ID. (This feature doesn’t work with Managed Apple IDs.)
- Your iPhone and Mac are within 30 feet of each other.
- Your iPhone is not sharing its cellular connection, and your Mac is not sharing its internet connection.

Oct 26, 2022 9:18 AM in response to -Bubba-

Hi,

I double checked all of this steps but I still cant access continuity camera with my iPhone 13.(also restarted 16 inch Mac Pro and iPhone many times. )

I can choose my phone in FaceTime or Zoom app. I can set camera filters in control room but I see only black screen from camera.

Also I dont use FaceId or PassCode for my phone so I activated passcode to try. But it did not worked.

I almost tried all contents from google search. Except sign out and sign in with all device. I dont want to sign out all my data so I decided to wait next updates.

iphone not working continuity camera - just upgraded os Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.