Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad to hdmi

I used to be able to connect my iPad Pro to my tv via usb-c-hdmi converter. I updated to ipad16.1 and it hasn’t worked since. I’ve checked my cords and they all work with everything else. I just can’t watch my ipad through my tv anymore via USBc-hdmi. So frustrating! Anyone else have this issue after updating to ipados16.1?

Posted on Oct 25, 2022 4:02 PM

6 replies

Oct 25, 2022 4:38 PM in response to caseyallen

There are multiple reports of issues with HDMI connections subsequent to updating to iPadOS 16.1.

You would be best advised to seek assistance directly from Apple Support. You can contact the Support Team using the Get Support link at top-right of this page.

Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Oct 25, 2022 4:33 PM in response to caseyallen

After ANY iOS/iPadOS upgrade/update, you should ALWAYS perform a simple hard reset of your Apple mobile device.

For iPad models with a Home button, do a simple hard reset/forced restart of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake/power button simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

OR

For much newer design iPad models, without a Home button, try the new simple hard reset/forced restart procedure for the new 2018-2022 iPad Pros, 2020/21 iPad Air 4 and 5 and 2021 iPad Mini 6 models.

1. Press and release the volume button closest to the top Power button

2. Then immediately press and release the volume button farthest from the top Power button.

3. Then, press and hold the top single sleep/wake/power button You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the power button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your 2018-2022 iPad will boot up completely to the iPad’s Lock screen.

Best of Luck to You!

iPad to hdmi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.