Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

vpn breaks connectivity to Continuity Camera

I simply love the new function with Continuity Camera between my iPhone 13 and Macbook. But i often use it on my home office where i, of course, is connected with VPN to my workplace. But VPN somehow interrupt with Continuity Camera, but why...? I'm running VPN with split tunnel, so my local subnet is intact. Why oh why Apple... please help me/us fix this! I love the function, but this limit my use of it.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 12:27 PM

"try disabling the vpn"? As i write the whole issue is that I'm unable to be connected with a vpn client while utilizing Continuity Camera, so suggestion to disable vpn is not even a workaround :)

VPN known to cause issues on macOS? What planet are you living on? Even a small enterprise network would remotely connect their users with vpn, for some instances VDI solutions but vpn is pretty much standard. A cisco anyconnect solution or the built-in vpn client in macos is pretty standard in all OS'es out there. I really hope you don't spend too much time spreading misleading advice like that.

I assume you mean bloatware programs can cause issues, but that really isn't the question here, but yes... that is a good idea to remove I guess.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2022 12:27 PM in response to leroydouglas

"try disabling the vpn"? As i write the whole issue is that I'm unable to be connected with a vpn client while utilizing Continuity Camera, so suggestion to disable vpn is not even a workaround :)

VPN known to cause issues on macOS? What planet are you living on? Even a small enterprise network would remotely connect their users with vpn, for some instances VDI solutions but vpn is pretty much standard. A cisco anyconnect solution or the built-in vpn client in macos is pretty standard in all OS'es out there. I really hope you don't spend too much time spreading misleading advice like that.

I assume you mean bloatware programs can cause issues, but that really isn't the question here, but yes... that is a good idea to remove I guess.

Oct 27, 2022 7:31 AM in response to snilssonDK

snilssonDK wrote:

I simply love the new function with Continuity Camera between my iPhone 13 and Macbook. But i often use it on my home office where i, of course, is connected with VPN to my workplace. But VPN somehow interrupt with Continuity Camera, but why...? I'm running VPN with split tunnel, so my local subnet is intact. Why oh why Apple... please help me/us fix this! I love the function, but this limit my use of it.

Try disabling the VPN.

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/Anti-Virus/VPN

All known to cause issue on the macOS

A true VPN tunnel, for example between you and your job, or a Bank server would be of value, otherwise might be time to re-think the usage.

see: Public VPN's are anything but private

https://gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29

vpn breaks connectivity to Continuity Camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.