Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help learning how to use Pages for Mac

Where are the help pages for Paper? It works nothing like Word and I just can't seem to figure it out. My Mac is new to me and it seems to me that Pages just does it's own thing! For example, I am writing a document and it capitalizes everything if I hit return.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 11:07 AM

Pages was never designed to be a Word clone, or compete with any other word-processing application on a feature basis. You might have better luck with the Pages User Guide for Mac in its eBook form in the Apple Books store. Its free and may offer more insight than the online web-based Pages guide.

There is also the Pages - Official Apple Support

Unlike Word documents, Pages documents can only be opened by Pages unless they are exported to Word format.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2022 11:07 AM in response to Jeharing

Pages was never designed to be a Word clone, or compete with any other word-processing application on a feature basis. You might have better luck with the Pages User Guide for Mac in its eBook form in the Apple Books store. Its free and may offer more insight than the online web-based Pages guide.

There is also the Pages - Official Apple Support

Unlike Word documents, Pages documents can only be opened by Pages unless they are exported to Word format.

I need help learning how to use Pages for Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.