Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to transfer purchased AND non-purchased content from old iPod to new ipod

I cannot easily figure out how to transfer all of my songs, purchased AND non-purchased content, from an old iPod, to a new iPod. Do I need a third party app to do this? if so, what is the recommended, safe app? Thanks!

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2022 11:25 AM

Songs cannot be directly transferred between devices. Your music library should exist on a computer that can then sync them to the new iPod.

If they only exist in the iPod, then you will need to extract them from the iPod and add them to a computer before you can then sync them onto the new iPod.

Start here: link-> Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community

If your old iPod is an iPod Mini, Nano, Classic o Shuffle, see here: link-> Recover media from an iPod

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2022 11:25 AM in response to robinfromroseland

Songs cannot be directly transferred between devices. Your music library should exist on a computer that can then sync them to the new iPod.

If they only exist in the iPod, then you will need to extract them from the iPod and add them to a computer before you can then sync them onto the new iPod.

Start here: link-> Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device - Apple Community

If your old iPod is an iPod Mini, Nano, Classic o Shuffle, see here: link-> Recover media from an iPod

how to transfer purchased AND non-purchased content from old iPod to new ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.