Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Ventura, when pressing spacebar to preview a picture, it longer stays open when I click on another program

Since I updated to MacOS Ventura, when pressing spacebar to preview a picture, it longer stays open when I click on another program. How can this be fixed?

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 8:30 AM

Similar questions

13 replies

Nov 7, 2022 2:07 AM in response to jakudo

found this on internet and it worked for me:

Step 1: Start by opening a new Finder window on your Mac by hitting Command + N on your keyboard.

Step 2: Look for the “Go” option located on the menu bar, which you will find on the left side of your screen.

Step 3: Go to your keyboard and hold down the Option key. You will quickly see the Library option that will be listed in the drop-down menu. Simply click on it.

Step 4: You will find a folder named Preferences under the Library section. Double click on it to open.

Step 5: Now, you will be seeing a list of files under it. Look for ‘com.apple.Preview.plist‘ and delete it.

Step 6: Finally, open the Preview application again. Your Mac will automatically create a new Plist file after clearing the previous ones.

Nov 8, 2022 9:55 AM in response to jakudo

jakudo wrote:

one more thing I noticed. The preview stays open on all Spaces, however, on some of them, when I click on different app/monitor, it goes to the back (so it is behind everything else I have open on the same screen. It's really strange behaviour.

Not strange at all. It does go to the back on every Space. It is just that you may have more windows, or larger ones, covering most of the desktop, on some Spaces.

It is no surprise that it goes to the back. The Quicklook window is part of the Finder. When you switch to another application, that one becomes the frontmost application, and other applications, such as the Finder move to the back.

Nov 9, 2022 9:17 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Not exactly true. When you open a quicklook in front of some app and then click on that app, it of course go to the back.

However, if you opened quicklook (in previous macOS X) and then clicked somewhere else (for example on different monitor), the quicklook stayed in from on the original screen.

Now it disappear on some spaces and on some others it stays the same as it was before.

I recorded it and you can see it here:

https://youtu.be/ityeBCxcDT4

In the first part the preview stays in from of the google chrome window on iMac even I clicked on the Google Chrome in the second monitor.

In the second part the preview was opened on another Space on iMac and when I clicked on the Google Chrome on second monitor, it went to the back.

So same situation, different result on different Spaces.

Dec 17, 2022 10:14 PM in response to drmilanov

I used to use multiple spaces, but now with recently updated Ventura there's no need due to the cool new Stage Manager... but yep, I had the same issue... I could call up Quick Look with a right click but the spacebar shortcut no longer seemed to work. I finally found that If I used a hot corner to see my desktop, the spacebar shortcut wouldn't work for Quick Look. However if I didn't use a hot corner but simply clicked the desktop to see the whole desktop, spacebar shortcut works as normal. Weird but hey it worked.

MacOS Ventura, when pressing spacebar to preview a picture, it longer stays open when I click on another program

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.