Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad pinch to zoom gesture often fails or not working

I upgrade my old macbook 13 mid 2012 with new macbook air M1, but i have this problem with Monterey and now with Ventura. With my old laptop the gesture works perfectly.

I use spread/pinch gestures a lot (in tool like Figma/sketch or Affinity), but frequently the gesture isn't recognized and my workflow is became frustrating and annoying.

I try safe mode, enable/disable pinch to zoom gesture, change speed/sensitivity.

Also try different app for work around, to remapping gesture but no way.

I read a lot of complaint about this, but i can't find any solution...

I'm seriously thinking to sell this M1 and go back to my old but perfect fully working MBP 13 from 2012...

I can't believe!

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 5:02 PM

3 replies

Oct 30, 2022 4:44 AM in response to servalsanti

servalsanti wrote:

I upgrade my old macbook 13 mid 2012 with new macbook air M1, but i have this problem with Monterey and now with Ventura. With my old laptop the gesture works perfectly.
I use spread/pinch gestures a lot (in tool like Figma/sketch or Affinity), but frequently the gesture isn't recognized and my workflow is became frustrating and annoying.

I try safe mode, enable/disable pinch to zoom gesture, change speed/sensitivity.
Also try different app for work around, to remapping gesture but no way.
I read a lot of complaint about this, but i can't find any solution...

I'm seriously thinking to sell this M1 and go back to my old but perfect fully working MBP 13 from 2012...

I can't believe!

Use Multi-Touch gestures on your Mac - Apple Support

—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Nov 2, 2022 3:57 AM in response to leroydouglas

Hi leroydouglas, i try many options but the results is unreliable, che gesture is not recognize.

Now i downgrade with new installation of Big Sur and the trackpad works correctly.

It's definitely a software issue, i still remain there and hope Apple fix that because this make me crazy for work.

ps. my last try is a fully new installation of Ventura, not an upgrade

we'll see

Trackpad pinch to zoom gesture often fails or not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.