Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ventura - Option to chose different file type when sharing

Before MacOs Ventura, for example in Pages when I shared a document and chose to send it with an email, we had a pop up window asking us to choose a file format.

This was extremely handy because I could send a pages file with an email as .pdf without converting it and saving and the opening it and sending it.

Since Ventura, when i chose to share a document with a email i do not have this option any more.

Is there an option to restore it?

If not then it is completely and utterly unacceptable choice to remove it.

Kind Regards

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 11:10 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Nov 2, 2022 2:18 AM in response to Moustakas_Dimitrios

While in " Finder " and choose to " Share " even before the method to share is invoked this is whai I am getting

1 - Send Copy or

2 - Collaborate

In either instance - the choice of file format is not presented

Then have a few suggestions ;

1 - Get Support Choose a product and we’ll find you the best solution.Start now and open an Apple Support Ticket as they are Apple Employees to deal will these types of issues . 

2 - Product Feedback - Apple and make it known to Apple regarding this ongoing issue and request to Add a Feature

Nov 2, 2022 4:31 AM in response to PRP_53

I left feedback:

"...In Pages, as well as in Finder, Preview etc, up to and until Ventura, when you chose to share a document via lets say EMAIL, you had a dialogue window where you chose file type (format) .pages, .docx., pdf, epub etc.

This feature is suddenly and SADLY removed.

How ever this feature is extremely important for businesses (i.e. Law Offices) since if we now want to send a pages documents in a .docx format with an email, we have to export the document somewhere, open email, attach the document and sent it. This is is UNPRODUCTIVE, TIME CONSUMING, and creates multiple copies of the same file in different formats...."

At the moment I stopped the update to Ventura for all the macs of our office, until this is resolved.

This senseless and inexplicable removal of a very critical and important feature is UNPRODUCTIVE, TIME CONSUMING, and leads to the creation of multiple copies of the same file in different formats

Nov 2, 2022 4:58 AM in response to Moustakas_Dimitrios

Moustakas_Dimitrios wrote:

I left feedback:

"...In Pages, as well as in Finder, Preview etc, up to and until Ventura, when you chose to share a document via lets say EMAIL, you had a dialogue window where you chose file type (format) .pages, .docx., pdf, epub etc.
This feature is suddenly and SADLY removed.

How ever this feature is extremely important for businesses (i.e. Law Offices) since if we now want to send a pages documents in a .docx format with an email, we have to export the document somewhere, open email, attach the document and sent it. This is is UNPRODUCTIVE, TIME CONSUMING, and creates multiple copies of the same file in different formats...."

At the moment I stopped the update to Ventura for all the macs of our office, until this is resolved.

This senseless and inexplicable removal of a very critical and important feature is UNPRODUCTIVE, TIME CONSUMING, and leads to the creation of multiple copies of the same file in different formats

Well framed and composed 👍

What actually comes of it is a question mark for the moment

Ventura - Option to chose different file type when sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.