Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my "mail" app has no "junk" option listed in the sidebar, etc.

my "mail" app has no "junk" option listed in the sidebar,

messages I move to "trash" are not in my "trash",

and in the sidebar is a Smart Mailbox-which I never created- and it contains all the saved mail from all the other mailboxes that I did create in my sidebar.

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 5:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 11:50 AM

There is one for each account, and also one for "On My Mac". Since you have two accounts, there three trashes, for example.

That is perfectly normal. You twirl that "All Trashes" closed and not worry about the separate trashes.

Note: they also each appear further down the sidebar, together with the mailboxes for each account.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2022 11:50 AM in response to 1917MOEN!

There is one for each account, and also one for "On My Mac". Since you have two accounts, there three trashes, for example.

That is perfectly normal. You twirl that "All Trashes" closed and not worry about the separate trashes.

Note: they also each appear further down the sidebar, together with the mailboxes for each account.

Nov 3, 2022 11:32 AM in response to 1917MOEN!

If you dopn't want the Smart Mailbox, just control-click and choose Delete Mailbox...

Smart Mailboxes do not actually contain messages, they just reference the messages that meet the criteria defining the Smart Mailbox; so by deleting you are not deleting any messages.

If you want to see te junk messages, hover your cursor near the word Favorites, click the cirlcled plus sign, and add "All Junk":

my "mail" app has no "junk" option listed in the sidebar, etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.