Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ventura login

Since upgrading to Ventura I restarted my iMac and got "name" and "password" instead of usual User Accounts window. Mac won't take any of my combinations of name and passwords I use! How do I solve this?

iMac Pro, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 11:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2022 5:52 AM

I'm unsure why your Mac changed the login process after upgrading. mine didn't.

but to get back to where you only need to enter your password, instead of username and password, go to System Settings > Lock Screen and change login window shows from "name and password" to "list of users".

3 replies

Nov 7, 2022 7:45 AM in response to jeffreythefrog

That was my problem, I chose at some stage of the installation option "name and password" rather than "List of users". After restarting I got login window with only option of Name and Password, which I could not figure out. Hence I can't reach Settings to change anything, because I can't simply login to my Mac.

Since the time of asking I solved my problem. Command-R and there I was presented the option to login through several of my user accounts. I got in and fixed the issue. Luckily my old password worked fine.

ventura login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.