Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot run macOS Recovery (error 1008F-2100F-2003F) -Mac stuck in internet recovery

MacBook Pro Late 2019 started restarting unexpectedly.

So, I decided to erase the disk and run a clean install. Command+R and boom I get a firmware passcode.

I go through and I get the typical options.

I erased the disk through Disk Utility and the only option was Ventura.

I didnt want Ventura, so I switched off in order to restart and be able to re install the previous one I had (Big Sur).

No luck. The mac is stuck in internet recovery mode only, doesnt offer other options after booting. When it gets connected to the wifi, I get errors 1008F. I got once 2100F & 2003F.

I have deactivated Macbook from Find My, I have reset PRAM, SMC etc.

I have tried wifi, wired connection and hotspot over the iphone with 4G (that was the fastest).

I am so desperate. The machine refuses to run a recovery & clean install.

Any help??

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 9:12 PM

You will need to resolve error -1008f first: If your Mac starts up to error -1008f - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies

Nov 12, 2022 9:15 AM in response to Tesserax

The whole night yesterday I tried every single combination of apple's support recommendations including restarting modem etc. Nothing worked.

Today morning, I tried again but using my phone for hotspot (4G) (which I also tried yesterday but without results.)

It worked. I managed to clean install Ventura even though I didn't want, I preferred Big Sur. The Mac is late 2019, the latest the OS, the slower it gets.

So, after getting errors 1008, 2100, 2003, after more than 20 times, I managed to format the disk.

I am wondering if I try macOS recovery and manage to install Big Sur and if recovery menu works properly. Yesterday, only available option was internet recovery!!

Now, I want to see if the Mac will keep restarting unexpectedly (another issue, maybe another thread, lets see..)

Thanks anyway

Cannot run macOS Recovery (error 1008F-2100F-2003F) -Mac stuck in internet recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.