Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find Duplicates in Photos App on Mac OS Ventura 13.0.1

17/11/2022

Hello there,

The Photos App in the brand new Mac OS Ventura (installed 16/11/2022) is supposed to show a Duplicates option in the sidebar.

I don't find this option in on my Mac. Is there a way to customise the sidebar in the Photos app or any other way to activate this option?

iMac 27″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 12:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 3:24 AM

Based on some other posts it can take a few days until Ventura will find duplicate photos.

You installed it yesterday, therefore I would recommend that you wait until next Wednesday and check if you have duplicate photos.

How many photos / videos are in your library?

Size of the library will also have an impact on the time that the system will need.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2022 3:24 AM in response to AndréEmme

Based on some other posts it can take a few days until Ventura will find duplicate photos.

You installed it yesterday, therefore I would recommend that you wait until next Wednesday and check if you have duplicate photos.

How many photos / videos are in your library?

Size of the library will also have an impact on the time that the system will need.

Find Duplicates in Photos App on Mac OS Ventura 13.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.