Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV Remote Totally Removed?

Hello,

I have several iPads that were working perfectly with the app "AppleTV Remote" and I was able to see the app on my "home" view like a normal app.

I needed to reset to factory one of them and after I made that, the app doesn't appear on my "home" and it's only available thru the "Center Control".

My versions of iPads are iOS 13.1.2.

I remember, not so long ago, that Apple removed the app from the AppStore, but it was only affecting devices with iOS 15+.

In the past, when I reset the devices to factory, after that I was able to see again the app "AppleTV Remote" but now there is no chance to do that.

So, did apple removed the app for all ios versions?

Before, on the link below, it was mentioning iOS 15 for the Center Control, but now its not saying anything.

Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Thanks to all.

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 9:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2022 3:06 AM

If you have previously downloaded and installed the Apple TV Remote App using your AppleID, despite having been withdrawn from the App Store for new purchases, you may still be able to install the App.

Using the App Store App, (1) tap the blue (head and shoulders) icon at top-right of the screen to access your account. From the pop-up Account window, tap the Purchased tab - and then (2) the Not on this iPad tab.

Scroll down the page until you find the Apple TV Remote App - and finally tap the blue (3) download icon.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2022 3:06 AM in response to martindanailov

If you have previously downloaded and installed the Apple TV Remote App using your AppleID, despite having been withdrawn from the App Store for new purchases, you may still be able to install the App.

Using the App Store App, (1) tap the blue (head and shoulders) icon at top-right of the screen to access your account. From the pop-up Account window, tap the Purchased tab - and then (2) the Not on this iPad tab.

Scroll down the page until you find the Apple TV Remote App - and finally tap the blue (3) download icon.

AppleTV Remote Totally Removed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.