Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

disable notification sound while on call

Im using band new iPhone 14 pro max, my first iPhone ever. Every experience is awesome except one. and i.e unable to disable notification sound while on call. the notification sound in ear is so loud that I'm afraid to answer calls fearing i might receive notification.

Could anyone help me to find out how i can disable notification sound while on call?

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 4:41 AM

Dear Rgilbert,

Thank you for the response.

Your suggest will disable siri suggestion or notification until i make them ON again. But i don't want to disable them all the time. I want to disable notification sound "text Tone" only when i'm on call. After the call, it is ok to receive notification sound.

What happens is when i'm on call and if i receive a text msg or whatsapp msg... since phone is close to ears, notification sound is too high it blows off the ears.

Is there a solution?

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2022 4:41 AM in response to rgilbert

Dear Rgilbert,

Thank you for the response.

Your suggest will disable siri suggestion or notification until i make them ON again. But i don't want to disable them all the time. I want to disable notification sound "text Tone" only when i'm on call. After the call, it is ok to receive notification sound.

What happens is when i'm on call and if i receive a text msg or whatsapp msg... since phone is close to ears, notification sound is too high it blows off the ears.

Is there a solution?

Nov 20, 2022 9:48 AM in response to vijaybele

Go to Settings - Notifications - Siri Suggestions - Allow Notifications OFF. You can also decide which of your applications you want to receive Notifications from and customize them. Under Settings - Notifications - Notification Style to customize each apps' notifications.

Are you wearing hearing aids? I ask because if you are you can disable System sounds under Accessibility - Hearing.

Nov 21, 2022 8:36 AM in response to vijaybele

You could use Do Not Disturb under Focus. Focus is a very granular feature that allows you to schedule when you want to silence incoming calls and notifications. I have not seen a schedule that can be activated when on a call but maybe someone on the forum can recommend one. Take a look at Focus. Do Not Disturb can be manually turned on and off during your call. You could also just switch the silence switch on the side of your iPhone while on your call and turn it back on after your call.

disable notification sound while on call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.