Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Related Article: About the security content of iOS 16.1.1 and iPadOS 16.1.1

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recent 16.1.1 iPhone update problems

Since this update I have not been able to link my phone to any tv in the house. I use an iPhone dongle-to-hdmi tv for my workouts. All I get is a purple screen. If I do the same hookup to our smart tv in the other room to watch shows via cellular data it has a black screen or it has the right screen but no sound whatsoever depending on which app I’m streaming. My CarPlay will stream music but the screen is black so you can’t use any controls bc it anything. Anyone else having issues? If I could wipe this last update I would in heartbeat.

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2022 11:25 PM

similar issues! Really want to undo it! Works fine when home on wifi, apple car play wasn’t working at all. Email won’t download. I can really only call. Very frustrating. Well, it will take pictures too. I keep hoping for an update to the update. That cannot come fast enough to undo this mess.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2022 11:25 PM in response to shelley151

similar issues! Really want to undo it! Works fine when home on wifi, apple car play wasn’t working at all. Email won’t download. I can really only call. Very frustrating. Well, it will take pictures too. I keep hoping for an update to the update. That cannot come fast enough to undo this mess.

Recent 16.1.1 iPhone update problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.