You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro 11“ from 2021 has a very high battery drain being in idle

Hey dear community,

since the update to iPadOS 16.1.1 (20B101) I am experiencing a high battery usage without really using my iPad. Just have a look at the screenshots:

There always the same apps using the battery in background, Mail, Find my, Home and OneDrive:

To minimise the find my issue I deleted all AirTags from my account but it did not help at all. Does anyone have an idea to solve this? I am experiencing the same on my iPhone and I really hate this.

Last week I did a reset. First two days it seems to work, but now the same battery issues are coming back. This makes my iPad less usable. Has anyone experienced the same problems after the update?

Thank you for your help :)

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 9:05 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Nov 28, 2022 11:13 AM in response to itspepe

Hi itspepe,

You've already taken some great steps with your iPad Pro. If you haven't already, check out the information below to see if it may also help:

"Background Activity. This indicates that the battery was used by the app while it was in the background — that is, while you were using another app.

• To improve battery life, you can turn off the feature that allows apps to refresh in the background. Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh and select Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi & Cellular Data, or Off to turn off Background App Refresh entirely.
  • If the Mail app lists Background Activity, you can choose to fetch data manually or increase the fetch interval. Go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Fetch New Data.

Location and Background Location. This indicates that the app is using location services.

• You can optimize your battery life by turning off Location Services for the app. Turn off in Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
  • In Location Services, you can see each app listed with its permission setting. Apps that recently used location services have an indicator next to the on/off switch."

That information can be found here: Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple That article has more tips or steps to try under the "Tips for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch" section.

Also, you mentioned that you reset your iPad Pro. Can you clarify the steps you took to do that? We're asking as there are multiple resets that can be done and we want to understand which was done.

Take care.

iPad Pro 11“ from 2021 has a very high battery drain being in idle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.