Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shocking iPhone 14 pro max battery life

My 1 month old iPhone 14 pro max (100% battery health) has really bad battery life Im getting 1h 30m screen on time for today at least (see screenshot)

my iPhone XS Max has way better battery life even when it has 79% battery health!!!

I turned off a lot of the settings that drain battery life, I would love if anyone can help because this is my biggest disappointment using apple products and I used a lot

1) no widgets

2) AOD off (always on display)

3) no haptic feedback

4) background app refresh off

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 11:57 AM

Hello abed162,

For less than expected battery life, we'd recommend the following related steps:

1. Review the following: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support Check for any battery messages.
  2. Then utilize these recommended battery life tips: Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Then go to here to learn more about your battery usage:

1. Go to the Settings app
  2. Tap on Battery
  3. Tap on 'Show Activity'
  4. Scroll down to 'Past 24 Hours' and 'Last 10 Days' and tap on each one.
  5. Check under each app for battery usage.

Which apps are using the most out of your battery life exactly? Are these Apple apps or third-party apps? What does it say under each of the top used apps? That will isolate this more for us.

Wishing you well, take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2022 11:57 AM in response to abed162

Hello abed162,

For less than expected battery life, we'd recommend the following related steps:

1. Review the following: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support Check for any battery messages.
  2. Then utilize these recommended battery life tips: Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Then go to here to learn more about your battery usage:

1. Go to the Settings app
  2. Tap on Battery
  3. Tap on 'Show Activity'
  4. Scroll down to 'Past 24 Hours' and 'Last 10 Days' and tap on each one.
  5. Check under each app for battery usage.

Which apps are using the most out of your battery life exactly? Are these Apple apps or third-party apps? What does it say under each of the top used apps? That will isolate this more for us.

Wishing you well, take care.

Nov 29, 2022 2:17 PM in response to destiny241

Thank you destiny for the help,

I checked which apps are using the most battery,

for example: I saw music with 1h 28m background usage and home & Lock Screen with 29m,

on average the most thing that uses battery is home & Lock Screen ~ 30 mins per day

but that doesn't explain the 50% battery use, just by these two things (other apps don't exceed 2 minutes of use)

I'm gonna explain how I used my phone last week I check mail/social media for like 10-15 mins in the morning

then my phone is idle most of the day maybe some notifications from social media/mail, I hardly use the phone more than 15mins continuously

as far as logic goes I should lose a few percents when the phone is idle not 20% an hour (without always on)

Shocking iPhone 14 pro max battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.