Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random Restart

Why does my MacBook Pro randomly restart? First it pops up with a glitchy screen and then it restarts. It has been doing this since I got it a little over a year ago. I believe it's the 2020 version. I love this laptop and was willing to pay the steep price for it, but I'm annoyed by this fault that has come with that expense.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 9:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 10:02 PM

paisley1315 Said:

"Random Restart: Why does my MacBook Pro randomly restart? First it pops up with a glitchy screen and then it restarts. It has been doing this since I got it a little over a year ago. I believe it's the 2020 version. I love this laptop and was willing to pay the steep price for it, but I'm annoyed by this fault that has come with that expense."

-------

See if something here helps...

Troubleshooting Mac Power:

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2022 10:02 PM in response to paisley1315

paisley1315 Said:

"Random Restart: Why does my MacBook Pro randomly restart? First it pops up with a glitchy screen and then it restarts. It has been doing this since I got it a little over a year ago. I believe it's the 2020 version. I love this laptop and was willing to pay the steep price for it, but I'm annoyed by this fault that has come with that expense."

-------

See if something here helps...

Troubleshooting Mac Power:

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

Nov 29, 2022 10:17 PM in response to paisley1315

When your MacBook keeps restarting again and again, there might be some serious issues that you need to fix immediately. The issues can be related to Hardware or Software.

To fix hardware related issues:

1. Check the peripheral devices connected to your Mac

2. Check the internal RAM or any 3rd party hardware on your Mac

To fix software related issues:

1. Check for pending updates

2. Boot Mac in safe mode

3. Reset PRAM/NVRAM/SMC

4. Repair Mac drive using Disk utility

5. Clean your disk

6. Reinstall MacOS

Hope this will help!

Random Restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.