Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro M1 Pro 120hz LG monitor

I just bought a Macbook Pro M1 Pro 14" and I want to connect my LG monitor that supports 144hz but when I connect the monitor it will only display at 60hz. (I used to connect the same monitor with my Macbook Pro touchbar 15" 2017 and I was able to get 120hz). Help?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 8:34 AM

(SOLVED) If you encounter the same issue, just change the "default" resolution (even if you are seeing the correct resolution) to another, and then select again the default resolution of your monitor. This will unlock the refresh rate menu and let you select the refresh rate you want. In my case now I can see 144hz.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2022 8:34 AM in response to elanport

(SOLVED) If you encounter the same issue, just change the "default" resolution (even if you are seeing the correct resolution) to another, and then select again the default resolution of your monitor. This will unlock the refresh rate menu and let you select the refresh rate you want. In my case now I can see 144hz.

Macbook Pro M1 Pro 120hz LG monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.