Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 13 M2 (Ventura) Mouse Selection.

Is anyone else having the same issue as me? This is crazy for a Mac.

I've been using mac all my life and never have had issues like this.

A simple click to move a file to a new folder would launch that file.

Organizing my Mp3 and moving files around is driving me crazy because it keeps launching and playing those mp3s. I don't want to play them. I just want to move them.

I am not using the trackpad. This is happening with a mouse. I've used 3 different mouse so far. Nothing is working.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 2:46 PM

Hello Ron60,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you're looking for assistance with Mouse settings on your Mac, right?

If we have that correct, let's see if adjusting the secondary click option will help with this. Check out the steps below for assistance, and you can find more details here: Change Mouse settings on Mac - Apple Support

To change these settings, choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Mouse  in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.)

Secondary click

Choose “Click right side” or “Click left side” to secondary click (or Control-click) items on the screen.

In addition, you may be able to adjust the double-click speed to see if that's related to what's occurring. If the mouse is registering two small clicks as opposed to one, this may help to prevent that. Take a look at the details on this, here: Change mouse tracking, double-click, and scrolling speed on Mac - Apple Support

Let us know if this helps with what you're experiencing. If not, confirm which steps you've tried, and let us know which apps are in use for transferring the files. We'll use these details to gain a better understanding of what's occurring, and work from there.

Have a great day!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2022 2:46 PM in response to Ron60

Hello Ron60,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you're looking for assistance with Mouse settings on your Mac, right?

If we have that correct, let's see if adjusting the secondary click option will help with this. Check out the steps below for assistance, and you can find more details here: Change Mouse settings on Mac - Apple Support

To change these settings, choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Mouse  in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.)

Secondary click

Choose “Click right side” or “Click left side” to secondary click (or Control-click) items on the screen.

In addition, you may be able to adjust the double-click speed to see if that's related to what's occurring. If the mouse is registering two small clicks as opposed to one, this may help to prevent that. Take a look at the details on this, here: Change mouse tracking, double-click, and scrolling speed on Mac - Apple Support

Let us know if this helps with what you're experiencing. If not, confirm which steps you've tried, and let us know which apps are in use for transferring the files. We'll use these details to gain a better understanding of what's occurring, and work from there.

Have a great day!

Macbook Pro 13 M2 (Ventura) Mouse Selection.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.