Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Family" (Not Responding)

I found this error in my Activity Monitor after several freeze-ups with beachball. I do not know how to correct this freeze-up or what app the file is from. I have recently installed "Family Tree Builder" and after receiving a malware warning from Sophos anti-virus, I uninstalled the app (don't know if "Family.app" is a left over)? Or if it is corrupted app from Family Sharing maybe?

The path I found is: Macintosh HD>System>CoreServices>

iMac 27″

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 9:05 AM

I am in the same situation. I have never installed any type of family tree software. I think this is related to family sharing.

Similar questions

8 replies

Dec 5, 2022 12:50 PM in response to LilBang

Hi there LilBang,

The item you're seeing in Activity Monitor isn't related to Family Sharing, but is most likely leftover from the app you uninstalled. You'll want to start by making sure you fully deleted the app with these steps:

Use the Finder to delete an app
1. Locate the app in the Finder. Most apps are in your Applications folder, which you can open by clicking Applications in the sidebar of any Finder window. Or use Spotlight to find the app, then press and hold the Command (⌘) key while double-clicking the app in Spotlight.
2. Drag the app to the Trash, or select the app and choose File > Move to Trash.
3. If you're asked for a user name and password, enter the name and password of an administrator account on your Mac. This is probably the name and password you use to log in to your Mac.
4. To delete the app, choose Finder > Empty Trash.

You'll find this information here: How to uninstall apps on your Mac - Apple Support

After following those steps, try performing a search in Finder on your Mac for any other files related to 'family.app' and try dragging them to the trash. Learn more about searching on your Mac here: Narrow your search results on Mac - Apple Support

Take care.

"Family" (Not Responding)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.