Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I would like to know How to charge the iPhone in order to maintain a long life battery health .

I would like to know how to charge the iPhone in order to maintain a life long battery health.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 10:32 AM

3 replies

Dec 2, 2022 11:08 AM in response to mussab64

These are the very best instructions I know of:

When to charge your iPhone or iPad - Apple Community

Basically, there's not a whole lot you can do to prevent the aging of a battery. Turn on optimized charging and don't worry too much about it. Use the apps you want to use, charge it when it needs charging. Batteries are consumables and will eventually become unusable. At that point, replace them. Meanwhile, don't let a fear of using up the battery interfere with using your phone.

Dec 2, 2022 10:42 AM in response to mussab64

Try to not always charge your device to a complete 100 percent keep it between 75 to 90 percent on each charge as a battery tends to lose its capacity after certain charge cycles, it would help you to prolong one charge cycle after charging it twice. Also try to use your device normally as per and try not to always overburden and overheat it constantly with super heavy apps, although the battery health on iPhone 13 Pro Max tends to be very well for its lifetime and you will probably change your device by the time it actually gets in a really bad shape.

I would like to know How to charge the iPhone in order to maintain a long life battery health .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.