Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with external disks connected to anker usb 3.0 hub

Hello everyone,

For several years I have been using an Anker 4-Port USB 3.0 hub attached to my MacBook Air which works fine. I have two WD My Passport external drives, a USB flash drive, and a phone charging cable connected to the hub. Everything always worked perfectly until a few days ago when the external drives (neither the pen drive nor the phone cable) disappeared from the desktop.

I changed the position of the devices in the Anker ports and tested them connected directly to the Mac: Both external drives work fine when connected directly to the Mac.

It seems like it's not a problem with the external drives or a mechanical issue as the cables seem to be fine, but I can't figure out what could be wrong with the Anker hub.

Could you help me with this problem? Thank you very much in advance.

Posted on Dec 4, 2022 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 4:18 PM

Hello carlosgdada6,

It sounds like you've done some good work on isolating the issue down.

As everything connects fine when directly connected to the Mac, it sounds like the issue will be isolated to the hub.

If you haven't yet, you may wish to try reaching out to the manufacturer for guidance on that particular issue. We were able to help locate their support page here: Contact Us - Anker

Cheers.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2022 4:18 PM in response to carlosgdada6

Hello carlosgdada6,

It sounds like you've done some good work on isolating the issue down.

As everything connects fine when directly connected to the Mac, it sounds like the issue will be isolated to the hub.

If you haven't yet, you may wish to try reaching out to the manufacturer for guidance on that particular issue. We were able to help locate their support page here: Contact Us - Anker

Cheers.

Dec 8, 2022 8:05 AM in response to Eric_G1

Hello Eric, 

Many thanks for your reply. 

In fact, it seemed that the problem was located in the hub but I didn't know what it could be and actually, I don't know now either.

As a matter of record only, let me tell you, that after some days of the device’s forced vacation, I reconnected it and unexpectedly, all the elements mounted seamlessly. I repeated the process once more time just in case and everything worked fine again. Let's hope that Anker's ancient gods continue to protect it for a long time.

Thanks again, 

Carlos.

Issue with external disks connected to anker usb 3.0 hub

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.