Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cellular data issue on ios 16.1.2

After upgrading to ios 16.1.2 on my iphone 12 pro max my cellular internet is very slow, WiFi works without any issue.

Does anyone experience this and is there a solution?

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 2:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 3:23 PM

Ok so here’s what I did to fix mine because I was having the exact same issue with the update. I have an Xr and I’m sure it really doesn’t matter which model you have it seems as though almost all are becoming affected by this. But, after going though all the resets and reboots and sim tray alignments oil changes and MRI scans I finally broke down and called my carrier which happens to be Verizon. Told them the issue, the tech on the other end was like I got you fam I just need some info from your SIM card and after giving him the last 4 digits of the IMEI, IMEI2, and the CCID he instructed me to restart my phone and boom.. all better. Works perfectly. Not saying it’s going to be a fix all but this may help someone.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2022 3:23 PM in response to anoop219

Ok so here’s what I did to fix mine because I was having the exact same issue with the update. I have an Xr and I’m sure it really doesn’t matter which model you have it seems as though almost all are becoming affected by this. But, after going though all the resets and reboots and sim tray alignments oil changes and MRI scans I finally broke down and called my carrier which happens to be Verizon. Told them the issue, the tech on the other end was like I got you fam I just need some info from your SIM card and after giving him the last 4 digits of the IMEI, IMEI2, and the CCID he instructed me to restart my phone and boom.. all better. Works perfectly. Not saying it’s going to be a fix all but this may help someone.

Dec 7, 2022 9:49 AM in response to anoop219

I have a similar problem on my 14 Pro Max. It was fine until iOS 16.1.2. Now on cellular (only) Maps doesn’t work, mostly can’t stream Apple Music, and others (it seems like cellular data may be *very* slowly trickling in). Surprisingly Speedtest seems to show mostly good throughput. It’s not that the phone shows no cellular connection - it looks fine, and phone calls seem to work, but I’ve not tested this much.

I’ve done a full wipe/restore, including reinstallation of iOS 16.1.2. And toggled the various cellular data settings, etc. I’ve also moved the eSIM to my 13 Pro, where everything works fine, and back to the 14 Pro Max. No joy.

I may call Apple Support, but not looking forward to that.

Dec 10, 2022 3:27 PM in response to pokeygerbil

UPDATE: just because, and even after wiping the phone and doing a fresh install o f 16.1.2 and a restore of my data, I gave Reset Network Settings another try, and it worked! Cellular is now working correctly. However, I'll echo what I've read elsewhere - cellular doesn't seem quite as good (performance, reliability) and I'm used to; the changes are the iPhone 14 Pro Max (from 13 Pro) and of course iOS 16.

Cellular data issue on ios 16.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.