Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac login

I have smart card login setup i.e., I paired up a smart card on my new Mac laptop. But since then on booting up I cannot login because smartcard does not automatically go to the set password and username. Neither can I use the non smart card option. I am stuck. I even cannot open in safe mode because it gives me back the login screen which does not work. Is there any way I can boot in into command mode and unpair the smart card?

In the recovery mode which I can go into, when I open the terminal it does not recognize commands like sc_auth.

Thanks

Posted on Dec 7, 2022 2:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2022 5:23 PM

Hello rajns,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

Smart card-only authentication disables all password- based authentications. This is established using mobile device management solutions or through command codes. You can learn how to configure it, disable it, and manage it here: Configure macOS for smart card-only authentication - Apple Support

After following those steps, if you’re still unable to log in to your computer because of smart card-only authentication, we recommend reaching out to Apple Support so they can look into this in more detail. You can do that here: Contact - Official Apple Support

Kindest regards. 

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 10, 2022 5:23 PM in response to rajns

Hello rajns,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

Smart card-only authentication disables all password- based authentications. This is established using mobile device management solutions or through command codes. You can learn how to configure it, disable it, and manage it here: Configure macOS for smart card-only authentication - Apple Support

After following those steps, if you’re still unable to log in to your computer because of smart card-only authentication, we recommend reaching out to Apple Support so they can look into this in more detail. You can do that here: Contact - Official Apple Support

Kindest regards. 

Mac login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.