remove configuration profile macos

I've been setting up the authentication to my MacBook account via smart card via this tutorial: https://cyb3rtus.medium.com/using-a-yubikey-as-multi-factor-authentication-for-macos-7698811cffc0 and when I logged out to test I was not able to log in back. Passwords are not accepted with the SmartCard connected. I have added a configuration profile before logging out and I think it is the cause. Now, every time I try to log in it throws "This account must usr SmartCard to log in".

I tried to clear the profile via Terminal in Recovery Mode like described in Configure macOS for smart card-only authentication - Apple Support

I tried re-installing macOS, didn't help.

I would be grateful if someone could help me with this issue asap (I don't want to nuke the disk).

Maybe there is a way to create a new user via Recovery Mode to re-configure the "locked" user?

Thank you!

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 9:52 AM

Maybe there is a way to create a new user via Recovery Mode to re-configure the "locked" user?

You may be able to create a new user following this User Tip, but you may end up in the same problem if the Profile forces SmartCard login.

Similar questions

3 replies

remove configuration profile macos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.