Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Steps to burn Blu-ray on FCP with Monterey 12.6?

I just bought a Blu-ray and DVD burner from OWC. When I select Blu-ray/AVCHD in Final Cut as the output and the burner as the tool for a burn, FCP appears to process the burn and then says it was successful. But the disk is still blank! I get the same result with a DVD. What am I not doing right?

With thanks for your help!

Duncan

Mac Studio

Posted on Dec 9, 2022 11:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2022 3:11 AM

You seem to be doing everything right.

If you choose Device: Hard Drive, does it create a disk image file (with extension .img)?

If so, then perhaps you can use that to burn an actual disk in the Finder. That is what I always did back when I used DVD... it allows for testing before actually burning a disc, and also to make multiple copies without reexporting. I have never used BluRay.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2022 3:11 AM in response to Duncan Knowles

You seem to be doing everything right.

If you choose Device: Hard Drive, does it create a disk image file (with extension .img)?

If so, then perhaps you can use that to burn an actual disk in the Finder. That is what I always did back when I used DVD... it allows for testing before actually burning a disc, and also to make multiple copies without reexporting. I have never used BluRay.

Dec 10, 2022 10:09 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Luis, thanks a million! Plus a million more! I created both a Blu-ray file and a DVD file on the Hard Drive instead of on the burner, then asked it to burn them. And it did!

Then I discovered that a reason it wouldn't burn before was that the "Layers" setting was set to "Double Layer". By setting it to "Single Layer" it will now burn a Blu-ray directly to the burner.

But your idea of first putting a file on your desktop for quicker burning instead of going through the full FCP export process each time, makes a lot of sense.

Luis, I am very grateful for your direction that put me on the course to a solution. Thank you. Duncan

Steps to burn Blu-ray on FCP with Monterey 12.6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.