Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gift card inner card GCA does not match GCA code on the outer envelope

I purchased an Apple gift card from RiteAid. However, the code is invalid. I have determined that the internal card is not the match for the outer envelope that it comes with. The GCA#### code on the outer envelope does not match the GCA##### of the inner card. I called apple and they said that $100 was loaded to the GCA#### on the outer envelope but they are not able to give me the code to use with it. They're saying go back to rite aid to ask for a refund. Riteaid is saying the money was loaded (which it is). I should speak to apple. Now I am stuck in a negative feedback loop. On a side note, we opened some more $100 gift cards at the rite aid, a few others did not have matching GCA### as well. I feel like Apple should remedy this. I have the receipt for the purchased card. Apple has the $100.

How do I get my $100?

Posted on Dec 9, 2022 2:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 12:47 AM

After uploading photos of my receipt and outer/inner gift card, a third phone call which included three different departments and or levels in the hierarchy of customer service, they were able to give me a valid redemption code. Problem rectified.

Similar questions

7 replies

Gift card inner card GCA does not match GCA code on the outer envelope

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.