Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K will not LEARN Bose TV Speaker Remote

I have an ATV 4K connected to LG tv via HDMI and a Bose TV Speaker connected to tv via Optical. I want the Siri remote to be able to control the volume of the Bose speaker but when I try to get the ATV to learn the Bose remote it fails to see it in the learning process.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Dec 10, 2022 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2022 5:58 PM

Hello rich.browning,

Let's resolve your issue with using your Apple TV remote by completing the steps listed here: Control your TV and volume with the Siri Remote that are also listed below.

"Open Settings  on Apple TV.

1. Go to Remotes and Devices > Volume Control and choose Auto.
  2. Note: These settings may not work with all devices. For more information, see the Apple Support article Control your TV or receiver with your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote."

If you're still unable to pair your Siri Remote with your Bose speaker, we'd recommend reaching out to Bose to determine if the speaker is compatible. You can reach them using: Bose Support

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2022 5:58 PM in response to rich.browning

Hello rich.browning,

Let's resolve your issue with using your Apple TV remote by completing the steps listed here: Control your TV and volume with the Siri Remote that are also listed below.

"Open Settings  on Apple TV.

1. Go to Remotes and Devices > Volume Control and choose Auto.
  2. Note: These settings may not work with all devices. For more information, see the Apple Support article Control your TV or receiver with your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote."

If you're still unable to pair your Siri Remote with your Bose speaker, we'd recommend reaching out to Bose to determine if the speaker is compatible. You can reach them using: Bose Support

Best regards.

Apple TV 4K will not LEARN Bose TV Speaker Remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.