You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can anyone confirm that changing functions keys to standard mode disables the special functions with fn?

On Ventura 13.01, when I set the functions keys to operate in standard mode, it seems to disable the special functions entirely. E.g., when pressing F4 in normal (non-standard?), the search spotlight bar pops up. When I toggle the function keys to work as standard function keys and then hold fn and F4, I don't get the spotlight, and when just pressing F4, as desired, I also don't get the spotlight.

This seems like a bug.

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 6:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2022 10:58 PM

fn + F4 F5 and F6 have never worked. You can let Apple know. Product Feedback - Apple It didn't work in Monterey either.

5 replies

Can anyone confirm that changing functions keys to standard mode disables the special functions with fn?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.