Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calling my Mac from my iPhone on Facetime

Hello!

I used to be able to FaceTime my Mac from my iPhone but now it's not allowing me to. I think it happened when I upgraded from the iPhone 10 to 13, but I can't be 100% sure.

I used to be able to call (FaceTime) my computer at home to talk to my child that does not have a phone, from my iPhone. I hate that I cannot do this anymore and I've exhausted all attempts to find the answer online. Nothing seems to help. I did get to a point where I can get it to ring to my iPhone, but as soon as I hit "join", it says FaceTime failed.

Help me please.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Dec 14, 2022 5:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 1:50 PM

Hello c0rbette,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. You will need to check the settings for FaceTime on the Mac and iPhone. The call needs to come from the telephone number of the iPhone to the Apple ID on the computer. On the Mac, open FaceTime, and then click Settings in the upper toolbar. From there, make sure that your Apple ID is checked under "You can be reached for FaceTime at:"Get more info on that here: Use FaceTime on Mac

From there make sure when calling the Mac, that you place the call to your Apple ID. Find the steps needed here:

Use FaceTime with your iPhone or iPad

Let us know if you have any questions.

We hope this helps you.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2022 1:50 PM in response to c0rbette

Hello c0rbette,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. You will need to check the settings for FaceTime on the Mac and iPhone. The call needs to come from the telephone number of the iPhone to the Apple ID on the computer. On the Mac, open FaceTime, and then click Settings in the upper toolbar. From there, make sure that your Apple ID is checked under "You can be reached for FaceTime at:"Get more info on that here: Use FaceTime on Mac

From there make sure when calling the Mac, that you place the call to your Apple ID. Find the steps needed here:

Use FaceTime with your iPhone or iPad

Let us know if you have any questions.

We hope this helps you.

Dec 17, 2022 3:15 PM in response to ArmMan1016

You have made my day!!!

THANK YOU!!

Just to clarify for future reference, this is what I had to click on my iPhone:

The iPhone was the confusing part to me for some reason.

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to walk me through this. I swear that I found this online and tried my best to follow it without success…. Haha Second time’s a charm! :)

Calling my Mac from my iPhone on Facetime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.