Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 10th Generation - HDMI via USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter

I am considering a new iPad and it is important that I can play video onto a TV or monitor via HDMI.

The USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter, in the product specifications, says that HDMI video can be played (at different resolutions and frame rates) from iPad Pro and from iPad Air 4th Generation (and presumably 5th generation).

The specifications do not mention iPad 10th Generation although the 10th gen iPad is mentioned under the compatibility list.

I know the USB-C port on the 10th gen iPad is only 480Mbps (USB2 speed) compared to 5+Gbps on the Air and Pro models.

Can anybody confirm whether or not HDMI video can be played through the USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter from the iPad 10th Generation?

iPad (10th gen) WiFi

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2022 3:52 PM

Yes, the Apple Digital AV Multiport Adapter is fully usable with iPad10 and HDMI.

4 replies

iPad 10th Generation - HDMI via USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.