Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone was stolen, I can see the address it is at on Find My iPhone but Lost Mode is pending. What is the thief doing?

Hi there,

My phone was stolen last week and it is currently at the thief’s address which I can see in “Find My”.

I tried to put it into Lost Mode as soon as it was stolen however this said “pending” and it still does.

This means that the thief cannot see my Lost Mode message nor can I play a sound as this is pending too.

Has the thief put my phone into recovery mode as soon as it was stolen ? What will the thief be able to do with my phone?

It is strange as I can see the location of my stolen phone (it has moved a few times and I have been able to see where it is). So it is clearly still linked to my iCloud but I thought Lost mode would activate as soon as it connected (the same way as the Find My does?)

Thanks for any help,

An infuriated iPhone user.

iPhone 13

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 2:33 PM

9 replies

Dec 17, 2022 3:08 PM in response to LauraChelsea123

This is a user forum, you are not addressing apple here just fellow users

doubt any of us users are going to man up and go knock on your thiefs door, noor do I think apple will

the whole find my iphone thing is to enable users to do what apple legally can't do as in track equipment they sell to customers after purchase.

you can try contacting apple Support ->  Get Support (apple.com)

and or give them feedback -> Product Feedback - Apple

Dec 20, 2022 10:15 AM in response to Sue1912

Hello!

I was also in London. Police haven’t been helpful I’m afraid.

Mine stayed this way for 1 week (location changed 3 times).

it doesn’t appear they can access anything as nothing has changed, all of my banks are secure etc.

I think it’s possible that they put it into recovery mode straight away.

Whereabouts in London were you?

sorry for your loss!

My iPhone was stolen, I can see the address it is at on Find My iPhone but Lost Mode is pending. What is the thief doing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.