Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro to Studio Display

I’d like to connect my MacBook Pro to my Studio Display. I tried just connecting the two, but I couldn’t get what was displayed on the laptop over to the studio display. Do I need an adapter to make this work? Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 18, 2022 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 12:59 PM

Hi mas68,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you're attempting to connect your MacBook Pro to your Studio Display, but nothing is showing on your Studio Display from the MacBook Pro, correct?

For help to connect your Studio Display and ensure that both devices are compatible together, check out this resource: Set up and use Apple Studio Display

"Check compatibility

Studio Display requires a Mac with a Thunderbolt 3 or Thunderbolt 4 port running macOS 12.3 or later, or an iPad Pro or iPad Air with a USB-C port running iPadOS 15.4 or later.

Compatible Mac and iPad models

Studio Display supports a resolution of 5120 x 2880 on these devices:

Connect your display

Plug the included Thunderbolt cable into the Thunderbolt port on your display and to a Thunderbolt 3, Thunderbolt 4, or USB-C port on your Mac or iPad.

Studio Display doesn't have any buttons and automatically turns on when you plug it into power and connect it to your Mac or iPad."

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2022 12:59 PM in response to mas68

Hi mas68,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you're attempting to connect your MacBook Pro to your Studio Display, but nothing is showing on your Studio Display from the MacBook Pro, correct?

For help to connect your Studio Display and ensure that both devices are compatible together, check out this resource: Set up and use Apple Studio Display

"Check compatibility

Studio Display requires a Mac with a Thunderbolt 3 or Thunderbolt 4 port running macOS 12.3 or later, or an iPad Pro or iPad Air with a USB-C port running iPadOS 15.4 or later.

Compatible Mac and iPad models

Studio Display supports a resolution of 5120 x 2880 on these devices:

Connect your display

Plug the included Thunderbolt cable into the Thunderbolt port on your display and to a Thunderbolt 3, Thunderbolt 4, or USB-C port on your Mac or iPad.

Studio Display doesn't have any buttons and automatically turns on when you plug it into power and connect it to your Mac or iPad."

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers!

MacBook Pro to Studio Display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.