You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification for screen time app limit

How can I get notification on ignore limit clicked for screen time enabled in an app.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 19, 2022 12:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2022 6:51 AM

Hi Sushil_Harman,

We'd like to continue help you with this.

Just to confirm that we're on the same page, is this issue happening on your own device or a child's device? If it's a child's managed device, are you having any issues receiving any other Screen Time notifications? Does the request more time appear on the child's device but you're not receiving the alert on your end? If so, let's make sure that your devices are set up correctly

Set Content & Privacy Restrictions
1. Go to Settings and tap Screen Time.
2. Tap Turn on Screen Time, then tap it again. Choose "This is My [Device]" or "This is My Child's [Device]."
* If you're the parent or guardian of your device and want to prevent another family member from changing your settings, tap Use Screen Time Passcode to create a passcode, then re-enter the passcode to confirm. After you confirm your passcode you'll be asked to enter your Apple ID and password. This can be used to reset your Screen Time passcode if you forget it. 
* If you're setting up Screen Time on your child's device, follow the prompts until you get to Screen Time Passcode and enter a passcode. Re-enter the passcode to confirm. After you confirm your passcode you'll be asked to enter your Apple ID and password. This can be used to reset your Screen Time passcode if you forget it. 
3. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions. If asked, enter your passcode, then turn on Content & Privacy Restrictions.

Make sure to choose a passcode that's different from the passcode that you use to unlock your device. To change or turn off the passcode on your child's device, tap Settings > Screen Time > [your child's name]. Then tap Change Screen Time Passcode or Turn Off Screen Time Passcode, and authenticate the change with Face ID, Touch ID, or your device passcode.

With iOS 16, while you're setting up Screen Time for a child's device, you can set age-related restrictions for content in apps, books, TV shows, and movies. Just follow the onscreen instructions during setup.

Let us know if that helps.

Cheers!

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 21, 2022 6:51 AM in response to Sushil_Harman

Hi Sushil_Harman,

We'd like to continue help you with this.

Just to confirm that we're on the same page, is this issue happening on your own device or a child's device? If it's a child's managed device, are you having any issues receiving any other Screen Time notifications? Does the request more time appear on the child's device but you're not receiving the alert on your end? If so, let's make sure that your devices are set up correctly

Set Content & Privacy Restrictions
1. Go to Settings and tap Screen Time.
2. Tap Turn on Screen Time, then tap it again. Choose "This is My [Device]" or "This is My Child's [Device]."
* If you're the parent or guardian of your device and want to prevent another family member from changing your settings, tap Use Screen Time Passcode to create a passcode, then re-enter the passcode to confirm. After you confirm your passcode you'll be asked to enter your Apple ID and password. This can be used to reset your Screen Time passcode if you forget it. 
* If you're setting up Screen Time on your child's device, follow the prompts until you get to Screen Time Passcode and enter a passcode. Re-enter the passcode to confirm. After you confirm your passcode you'll be asked to enter your Apple ID and password. This can be used to reset your Screen Time passcode if you forget it. 
3. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions. If asked, enter your passcode, then turn on Content & Privacy Restrictions.

Make sure to choose a passcode that's different from the passcode that you use to unlock your device. To change or turn off the passcode on your child's device, tap Settings > Screen Time > [your child's name]. Then tap Change Screen Time Passcode or Turn Off Screen Time Passcode, and authenticate the change with Face ID, Touch ID, or your device passcode.

With iOS 16, while you're setting up Screen Time for a child's device, you can set age-related restrictions for content in apps, books, TV shows, and movies. Just follow the onscreen instructions during setup.

Let us know if that helps.

Cheers!

Dec 20, 2022 4:03 PM in response to Sushil_Harman

Hello Sushil_Harman,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. Receiving a notification of this selection is not a current option. However, you can remove the "Ignore Limit" option if you'd prefer. To do that, go to Settings > Screen Time > [name] > DownTime. From there, select 'Block At Downtime. As mentioned in Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, "When you choose this setting and you click Ask For More Time when Downtime starts, entering the passcode allows you to approve the app for 15 minutes, an hour, or all day. Child accounts can click One More Minute once, or click Ask For More Time to send their request to the parent account for approval."

Take care.

Jan 2, 2023 7:04 AM in response to ColleenD1

Hi ColleenD1,

This issue is happening on my device. Let me give you more clarity on this issue. I want to get the end interruption notification in the code when user clicks on the ignore limit button after the app limit exceeds.

So, if I set the screen time for an audio app or game app for 10 minutes a day, then after 10 minutes I get a prompt saying app exceed its limit for the day. Then we have two options ok and ignore limit for the day etc. So, I want the end interruption notification in the code when user choose to ignore the limit for the day. As soon as the prompt appears the app get paused and I want to continue the app when user click on ignore limit button. But the app is not resuming and I'm not getting any end interruption notification.

Notification for screen time app limit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.