Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connect Apple Cinema Display to MAC Mini

I want to purchase a new MAC Mini for Video Editing and will need to connect to my Apple LED Cinema Display. The Cinema Display has a fixed cable with a MALE Mini Display Port Connector. The Mini Display Port Connector is MALE on the display . so I am hoping someone might know where I can get an Adaptor to connect the new MAC Mini to the LED Display.

Regards

Fred

Mac Pro

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 3:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 8:34 AM

The Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter does not support the Mini DisplayPort Cinema Display.

see the Note: at > Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter - Apple

Some third-party Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapters say they do, but I haven't personally tested any.

see > https://www.amazon.com/USBCele-DisplayPort-Adapter-Thunderbolt-Advanced/dp/B07VPYJV8V/ref=sr_1_4?

Personally I would seriously consider replacing the old Cinema display with a newer Display to use with a new Mac mini.

see > Connect a display to Mac mini - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2022 8:34 AM in response to Frederick0245

The Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter does not support the Mini DisplayPort Cinema Display.

see the Note: at > Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter - Apple

Some third-party Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapters say they do, but I haven't personally tested any.

see > https://www.amazon.com/USBCele-DisplayPort-Adapter-Thunderbolt-Advanced/dp/B07VPYJV8V/ref=sr_1_4?

Personally I would seriously consider replacing the old Cinema display with a newer Display to use with a new Mac mini.

see > Connect a display to Mac mini - Apple Support

Connect Apple Cinema Display to MAC Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.