Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did all my files go to icloud?

When i transferred my files to macbook pro from laptop, they immediately went to icloud and now my icloud is almost full. I'd rather have them on my macbook.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 10:18 AM

You turned on iCloud Drive both in laptop and mackbook Pro , the same Apple ID and password was signed in both devices and they are connected on the same network .

When files are uploaded in laptop they automatically synced from iCloud.com to MacBook Pro

See the article Upload and download files from iCloud Drive on iCloud.com - Apple Support and iCloud storage was full .

You can manage the iCloud storage by deleting extra storage consumed see the steps in this article Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support 

And follow the step in this article Work with files and folders in iCloud Drive – Apple Support

Move items to your Mac and remove them from iCloud Drive

• On your Mac, drag items from iCloud drive to another folder in the Finder sidebar or on the desktop, such as Downloads, Movies, Music and Pictures. 
  • The items are copied to your Mac and removed from iCloud Drive on all your devices set up for iCloud. If you change your mind, you can drag items back to iCloud Drive.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2022 10:18 AM in response to 60slp

You turned on iCloud Drive both in laptop and mackbook Pro , the same Apple ID and password was signed in both devices and they are connected on the same network .

When files are uploaded in laptop they automatically synced from iCloud.com to MacBook Pro

See the article Upload and download files from iCloud Drive on iCloud.com - Apple Support and iCloud storage was full .

You can manage the iCloud storage by deleting extra storage consumed see the steps in this article Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support 

And follow the step in this article Work with files and folders in iCloud Drive – Apple Support

Move items to your Mac and remove them from iCloud Drive

• On your Mac, drag items from iCloud drive to another folder in the Finder sidebar or on the desktop, such as Downloads, Movies, Music and Pictures. 
  • The items are copied to your Mac and removed from iCloud Drive on all your devices set up for iCloud. If you change your mind, you can drag items back to iCloud Drive.

Why did all my files go to icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.