Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Language on merchant terminal changes when paying with iphone

When I use my iphone to pay in a store, the payment terminal of the merchant will switch from Dutch to French to inform me about the progress of the payment. This has been happening for a week or so. I have not changed anything in my settings and I did not get a new debit card from my bank. It’s a Dutch card from a Dutch bank and it has been working fine for years. Language and region settings on my iphone are still set to Dutch and Netherlands.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 22, 2022 11:07 AM

1 reply

Dec 24, 2022 12:30 PM in response to martijn001

Hey martijn001,

Let's double check that you've set up Apple Pay with the exact steps shown here: Set up Apple Pay

Also, did you get in touch with your financial institute to make sure that there are no issues on their end?

If the issue persists, you can reach out to Apple Support team to look further into this issue with you: Contact Apple for support and service

We hope everything works out!

Best regards.

Language on merchant terminal changes when paying with iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.