Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I keep a local copy of documents and folders in iCloud Drive ?

I use iCloud Drive.

Locally I have lots of free space ( iMac )

How can I keep a local copy of documents and folders stored in iCloud Drive ?

Meaning : All data will be sync all the time with iCloud Drive `and iMac's local stored data .

Thanks !

iMac

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 9:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2022 10:27 PM

rony-z, Said:

"How can I keep a local copy of documents and folders in iCloud Drive ?: Thanks. I want to use iCloud Drive to sync between all my Apple devices PLUS save a continues "copy" Locally in my iMac ."

-------

You are welcome.

Enable iCloud Drive:

You can access iCloud by enabling iCloud Drive. All will stay in iCloud Drive. There is no way to automatically download items as they are added to iCloud.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2022 10:27 PM in response to rony-z

rony-z, Said:

"How can I keep a local copy of documents and folders in iCloud Drive ?: Thanks. I want to use iCloud Drive to sync between all my Apple devices PLUS save a continues "copy" Locally in my iMac ."

-------

You are welcome.

Enable iCloud Drive:

You can access iCloud by enabling iCloud Drive. All will stay in iCloud Drive. There is no way to automatically download items as they are added to iCloud.

Dec 24, 2022 9:49 PM in response to rony-z

rony-z, Said:

"How can I keep a local copy of documents and folders in iCloud Drive ?: I use iCloud Drive. Locally I have lots of free space ( iMac ) How can I keep a local copy of documents and folders stored in iCloud Drive ? Meaning : All data will be sync all the time with iCloud Drive `and iMac's local stored data . Thanks !"

-------

Download, then Import, All of iCloud:

If you wanted to, you could download all of iCloud, and then import the files to a folder on your Desktop.. Perform my User Tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip.

How can I keep a local copy of documents and folders in iCloud Drive ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.