Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WhatsApp search chat and back up is not working.

I got a new phone and transferred my data from iCloud. All the other apps are fine. Except WhatsApp, I can’t search chats in WhatsApp also I can’t back up chats in WhatsApp settings. I’ve had the phone for a week. Even Apple tech support struggled to help has anyone experienced the same problem

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 1:26 AM

1 reply

Dec 27, 2022 2:00 PM in response to Smilefhm

Hello Smilefhm,

Since this issue is occurring only with WhatsApp, and since you've already worked with Apple Support, we recommend reaching out to the app developer directly. They may have additional information specific to their app. Here's how: How to contact an app developer

"Contact the developer of an iOS, iPadOS, or watchOS app

1. Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
  2. Search for the app, then tap it. If you can't find it, tap the account button  or your photo at the top of the screen, tap Purchased, tap "Not on this [device]," then tap the app.
  3. The app's product page appears. Scroll to the Ratings & Reviews section, then tap App Support. If you don't see App Support, make sure that you're signed in with the correct Apple ID."

Take care!

WhatsApp search chat and back up is not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.