Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off the video ads above the “Up Next” section in TvOS 16.2

Recently updated my Apple TV to 16.2. I have always had my settings set so that the “Up Next” section in the Apple TV App would be at the top. I just checked and “Up Next” is still set to be the “Top Shelf” in the app.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a carousel of ads for other tv shows displayed above the top shelf. (would that be the top-top shelf?)

How do I get the “Up Next” section back to the top?

Thanks!

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 5:53 PM

The Top Shelf as you have set to Up Next in Setting applies to the Home Screen. That still is as it was.

The same top area in the Apple TV app in tvOS 16.2 is now the carousel of promoted shows, unrelated to Up Next or any other personalized list, in the Watch Now tab and the tv+ tab. That used to be different indeed. It used to show 1 row and a bit, so that the 1st row could be highlighted without scrolling vertically, and the highlighted tile being reflected above. Now the carousel image has a selectable button, and is manually scrollable horizontally.

Also see: tvOS 16.2 Up Next - Apple Community.

Apple welcomes your feedback comments at: Feedback - Apple TV - Apple.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2022 5:53 PM in response to Johngbtoo

The Top Shelf as you have set to Up Next in Setting applies to the Home Screen. That still is as it was.

The same top area in the Apple TV app in tvOS 16.2 is now the carousel of promoted shows, unrelated to Up Next or any other personalized list, in the Watch Now tab and the tv+ tab. That used to be different indeed. It used to show 1 row and a bit, so that the 1st row could be highlighted without scrolling vertically, and the highlighted tile being reflected above. Now the carousel image has a selectable button, and is manually scrollable horizontally.

Also see: tvOS 16.2 Up Next - Apple Community.

Apple welcomes your feedback comments at: Feedback - Apple TV - Apple.

How do I turn off the video ads above the “Up Next” section in TvOS 16.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.