You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV is pixelated

Using the Apple TV app on my smart tv and every time we use it, it’s pixelated the entire time. Yea we’ve tried everything from restarting to deleting. Paying for it so kinda ****** it’s not working. Hasn’t worked since we got it.

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 10:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 3:34 PM

My Apple TV is also pixelating. I am not sure for how long since I have not watched Apply tv for 6 months or more and am just now trying to watch Ted Lasso but cannot. Has Apple responded to this issue at all?

30 replies

Apr 30, 2023 10:28 AM in response to Beth1396

Apple support said there’s a lot of complaints about this with SONY TVs but couldn’t explain why.

We turned on to play in SD only- this worked for 90% of pixelation. He then recommended I connect my internet by Ethernet cable instead of Wifi, which I did… this solved the pixelation problem in SD but the pixelation in HD 4K remains unchanged. So this is a solution for SD viewing only….

The Apple TV interface and trailers work perfectly in SD and 4K. I don’t have issues with any other streaming app, like most people.

Apr 2, 2023 4:00 PM in response to justtryingtowatchamoveie

justtryingtowatchamo… Said:

Talking to a a vacuum it would seem - meanwhile we are all paying for a service that we cannot use, come on Apple - this is meant to be a support community - with NO SUPPORT - can you respond please ?

———-

Thanks for the photo.

See if this solution works: Apple TV app pixelated on Sony Bravia Android Tv - Apple Community

Screenshot:

Jul 22, 2023 8:06 PM in response to Beth1396

I took the advice from someone in this discussion & updated my Sony Bravia tv’s software. This happened overnight & this morning after I restarted my tv-my Apple TV app worked! No problems anymore.

Even though I had checked “update automatically “ I still had updates to load. Whatever it was, it worked.

Hope your fix is this easy.

Jan 2, 2023 11:11 PM in response to Beth1396

Beth1396 Said:

"Apple TV is pixelated: Using the Apple TV app on my smart tv and every time we use it, it’s pixelated the entire time. Yea we’ve tried everything from restarting to deleting. Paying for it so kinda ****** it’s not working. Hasn’t worked since we got it."

-------

Streaming and 4k:

Is your TV intended for streaming? If not, then it may just not work, being some movies are 4K. So, research the model number, seeing if it will work with a streaming device (which is what an Apple TV is).

Apr 2, 2023 3:43 PM in response to BobL52

BobL52 Said:

My Apple TV is also pixelating. I am not sure for how long since I have not watched Apply tv for 6 months or more and am just now trying to watch Ted Lasso but cannot. Has Apple responded to this issue at all?

———-

Pixelation

Can you provide a photo of what you are seeing on your screen? That would most certainly help.

Apple TV is pixelated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.